To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Things I Have Thought Recently and Other Randomness

Well, I've certainly been a bad blogger lately. We signed up for this energy select thing with Gulf Power and basically we know when electricity costs us the most so we basically unplug between six and ten every morning. Which has been great for my house cleaning but not so good for blogging. I just need a little time to get a new schedule going. But while I may not have been putting it out there I have been thinking some stuff and I'll play catch up and share a bit of it with you.

Zumba. I've given it some thought and although I cannot back this up with any sort of real evidence I am convinced that zumba is the creation of a Brazilian living in Bollywood who has ADHD. Seriously, it is a mix of Carnival and India's Bollywood and you don't do any one move long at all. To say it is fast paced is an understatement. It is also loads more fun than a regular workout.  I become totally dyslexic as soon as I start doing zumba. If they are shimmying or jumping around one direction I am forever doing the opposite. I quickly learned about three minutes into my first time that I didn't care...I was too busy trying to move my feet the same time as moving my arms to something even remotely close to the beat. And breathe. I was trying to do all of that and breathe as well so who had time to pay attention to right or left? It only becomes a small tinsy winsy problem when our whole body is moving in an actual right or left direction. To avoid a collision I just add an extra little jumping move so that rather than looking like a goober who can't tell her right from left I look like just an overly enthusiastic zumbaer. I'm afraid that I really just look like an overly enthusiastic goober who can't tell her right from her left though.

I love Tombstone frozen pizza. Like, I could probably eat a whole one all by myself love it.

I'm quite perplexed over what to do should Romney actually be the candidate who runs against Obama. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place.

I long for the gentler, more kind times in the past when people didn't feel it acceptable to wear their pajama pants out in public. And undergarments were worn, you know, actually under garments.

I've been known to trespass to get a photograph.

Cold soda makes me hiccup at least once after almost every sip.

If I had it to do all over again I would want my children baptized as infants.

I am completely smitten with Downton Abbey. If you don't know what I'm talking about then I highly encourage you to check it out. We actually watched the first season on Amazon and now wait eagerly for it to air each week on PBS Masterpiece. Two things you should know. First, Thomas is evil. And second, poor Daisy.

I don't really get what the hoopla is about Paula Deen announcing that she has type 2 diabetes. I mean I see the ethical problems because the way it has been handled seems somewhat shady but people are acting as if she is single handedly responsible for obesity and diabetes in the US. Seriously people? She may have shown you how to fry the chicken and wash it down with a melted butter chaser but it doesn't mean you had to do it.

Claire was up before us this morning. Normally this is not a good thing but she stayed in the living room once I chased her out from under our bed. She isn't capable of being quiet or still but she did occupy herself for about thirty minutes or so until we managed to stumble into the kitchen for coffee. I had almost finished my first cup when she she came up to me holding her sweet little swaddled stuffed pig. "Momma, you want to hold Bacon?" She is her father's child.

No one has still been able to give me a good reason why regular oreos cost as much as the double stuffed ones.

If you were to fly from London to New York on the Concord you would actually arrive two hours before you left because of crossing time zones.

Dr. Suess is credited with coining the word "nerd" in his story If I Ran the Zoo.

Last week Rob and I were out of town at a wedding and my Mother came and stayed with the kids. Sam asked, "Nana, will you be around when I have hair on my chest?" He's obsessed with having hair on his chest and was quite sad when Rob told him it probably wouldn't happen for a few more years.

I asked him the other day if he thought his sisters were pretty. He didn't hesitate a second before answering, "Yes, but boys rule."

There you have it. Some of the fascinating musings I've had this week. I need to post last week's picture on 52 Weeks but I haven't even touched my camera this week. That usually happens after I've had a high intensity shooting spree like a wedding. I've actually been thinking through Emily's birthday photo shoot. I'm thinking a hippie kind of fun shoot. Hopefully by then I'll have my blogging routine settled so I can share them.
Happy weekend!

1 comments:

iarepilotswife said...

I missed you posting! SO glad to see a blurb from you.

Love that you're doing the electricity shut off thing. Even if you don't do it for a long time it's a really great challenge.