To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, December 1, 2011

December

It arrived with glistening frost and nippy temperatures. I'm so happy about that...I positively loathe a warm Christmas season. This is the first time we've lived somewhere with a fireplace and we are eagerly waiting for an evening home so that we can have our first fire. 

We've begun our advent. I want to share about it but for some reason the words are hard to come by right now. I don't want to force it out so I'm going to let it sort  of simmer. Regardless, Rob and I are enjoying it and I think the kids are as well.
Sam has been killing us with Christmas music already. Since the day after Thanksgiving if he is near a radio he's tuning into the all Christmas music all the time station. Christmas shopping and crafting have begun, the calendar is filling up with holiday parties and...
It's baaaack! It's time for the annual December Photo Project and this is my third year participating. I think I do pretty well with the photo a day thing but we'll see how it goes. If I remember correctly I had a few times last year where I took the picture each day but uploaded several at one time. I think it still counts :-)
Day One:
If you hop on over to 52 Weeks you'll find another picture of the angel. My Sarah was named after a hospice nurse that cared for my grandmother during her last weeks. When our Sarah was born Nurse Sarah gave this little set of three angels to my Mother, who in turn passed them to Sarah this week. I love having things in our home, holiday decorations or not, that tell a story and have meaning behind them, don't you?

0 comments: