To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day Twenty Two~DPP

I shared. It's homemade lemon curd and it's absolutely delicious. It went very nicely with the vanilla pound cake I made for dinner this evening. I didn't mind sharing it with my sweet mother-in-law, after all she is the mother of my wonderful husband. It's just sad that I'm down to one lonely little jar.
Maybe instead of hoarding it I should just sit down with a spoon and get it over with. No drawing out the inevitable, just total joyful abandon in the citrusy goodness. Or I could enjoy another slice of cake smothered in the sweet yellow confection with a cup of coffee in the morning.
Decisions, decisions, decisions.

PS Week fifty-one is up at 52 Weeks :-)

0 comments: