To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, December 23, 2011

Day Twenty Three~DPP

You know it has been a ridiculously busy day when it starts with this:

And ends with this at 9:30 in the evening:
I mean I like frozen pizza and everything, I actually prefer it, but going from that homemade scrumptiousness to something that comes on a piece cardboard wrapped in plastic? That's a pretty full day.
But I think it means that I will not have to leave my house at all tomorrow...the idea of which thrills my little heart no end. Know what else thrills my little heart no end? My Momma coming over in the morning for our annual pancake breakfast. She makes the best pancakes ever. And added to the bliss is homemade bacon from our friends. Don't ask me how you make homemade bacon if you don't raise pigs but we have friends who did it and I can't wait to eat it.
Plus we'll decorate our tree that we bought for five whole stinking dollars yesterday that has my home smelling all Christmasy. Yep, five bucks and it's not even a Charlie Brown looking tree. I think they're just trying to get rid of them before they're left with a bunch of them sitting around dying. Which reminds me...do any of you remember ever reading a children's book with lovely illustrations about decorating a tree outside for the birds? I thought I had but can't remember much more than that. Of course it's entirely possible that I wrote it in my head. I've been known to do things like that. I once designed and made a wonderful piece of fabric all in my imagination. It was really frustrating to not be able to find it in real life.
I think now I am going to put my weary self to bed and rest up for the gift wrapping extravaganza planned for tomorrow. With maybe one or two gifts left to make. For realz though...not just in my head :-)

0 comments: