To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, October 21, 2011

What They Said

We have learned to act as quickly as possible whenever Claire says her throat hurts so last night when she complained a bit about it I knew I'd end up in the doctor's office today. I didn't however expect her to ask me how to say f@rt in Paris. (She means in French but all she knows of France is Paris :-)
Where does that child get this stuff from??
Mind you this came after my conversation with Sam this morning during which he asked, "Mom, do you know privacy? That is what I want to feel." It was his way of telling me that he was trying to get dressed and I needed to leave the room.
I hope one day they look back on this blog at every funny thing they've said that I've been fast enough to write down before it gets forgotten and laugh as much as they've cracked me up now.
And Claire does have strep. AGAIN. It's the third time since August. Fortunately (or not depending on how you look at it)* her tonsils don't seem to be irritated from it. She apparently is a carrier and according to Dr. Mahaffey Claire doesn't play around...it's pretty severe. Which means another round of antibiotics. Thankfully her ears are clear this time, though.
I'm really glad we caught it before the weekend, too. Because I have nothing planned but to sit around and enjoy a weekend at home. And I really really missed going to church the last two weeks and want to be there Sunday.
So, please. Everyone stay well. Please?
*If her tonsils were irritated removing them could clear up the bouts of strep...so for now there really isn't anything we can do but treat it each time it comes up.

0 comments: