To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, September 26, 2011

Going Back to the Gym

I recently told a friend that I was looking forward to the time I could say something like, "This is messing up my routine."
As in ever since the move I have no schedule or routine and frankly it's killing me. So, after talking to my wonderful  husband, (Did I mention wonderful because he is...I am very blessed. And also easily sidetracked :-) we decided that this week we will attempt to tighten up the schedules and see if we can't establish whatever our new normal will be. And that meant I was going back to the gym.
Can I be honest? I love working out. It's so easy to miss it and not do it but I feel so good when I make that happen. Anyway, I went this morning with wise counsel from my beloved to not over do it. A tendency I have when I haven't been in a while as if I can somehow jam all the workouts that I missed into one session. It never works.  I also had other bits and pieces of wisdom running through my brain.
"You can either be sore tomorrow or you can feel sorry tomorrow." (I didn't over do it but I did work out.)
"Exercise should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you ate."
"You aren't going to get the butt you want by sitting on the one you have."
When I came home I found a couple more little weight loss/exercise tidbits on Pinterest to keep me amused and encouraged...


I figure I am somewhere smack in the middle of this drawing...


And, this one is really just a public service announcement of sorts...you're welcome.


If everything goes according to plan I should hit the gym two more times this week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

0 comments: