To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Click It Up a Notch

There are several different photography blogs I follow and Click It Up a Notch is one of my favorites. The pictures are so darn pretty and there is always some helpful information for someone like me who is wanting to improve my shutter clicking skills.
Eye candy + educational = a blog worth following
For the first time I'm posting an entry in her monthly photo contest. The only two requirements are this blog post and that the photo had been taken in the month of August. Thankfully my niece's sweet little boy had his birthday at the beginning of the month and I got to do his first year pictures.
Isn't he such a cutie?


Be sure to pop over to and take a look at the other submissions...there are some truly awesome ones there!

Click It Up A Notch

4 comments:

Jenn said...

So cute! I love the colour of his eyes!

Kathy said...

This is just pure joy!

Candace McClintick said...

I love the focus on his eye-good job!

adel said...

wow, you really caught his eyes perfectly. i love the color and light. the blue icing all over his mouth just completes the adorable picture. nice shot :)