To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, July 21, 2011

This is Ridiculous!

Blogger keeps eating my post about America's true real enemy. You might be surprised that I discovered this while being helplessly held hostage waiting for our turn at the county health department yesterday. But in some sneaky guerrilla warfare tactics to take over the minds of the next generation they had the television on and I met the. biggest. threat. to. America. ever.
Nick E. Lodeon and his minions Bucket and Skinner.
Seriously the most stupid show to ever see the light of day. I'm not sure what was the most horrifying thing about it...that people let their children watch such stupidity or that people let their children act (and I use that term as loosely as you possibly can and it still be a word and not just a bunch of letters strung out across the face of the universe) in such stupidity or that somebody actually gets paid good money to come up with such stupidity.
It's like Hannah Montana on steroids with a shot of testosterone.
Forget terrorism and don't pay no never mind to the economy. Because if this is any indicator of our culture and what is shaping our future then we have waaay bigger problems.
But like I said, blogger ate the original post which had the oh so witty title, The Horrible Horrifying Horror and a Public Service Announcement. Then it ate the second revised post and now I've just decided to skip it. Except for that little rant up there.
Now, for the purpose of this post. I have experienced something that I don't think has ever happened to me before. I knew I was a week behind on my 52 weeks project. That isn't the part that has never happened to me before because, well, it has happened to me before. But usually it's only behind in the posting part...not in the actual picture taking part. But this morning is quiet (Shhhh! It's 9:40 and no one is up yet. I should probably go check and make sure that Mr. Lodeon has not come and stolen my children away) and I was going to catch the blog up. Only I never took a picture during the twenty seventh week. Can you imagine that? A week in which I did not take a picture. So, I took a picture and posted it for that week because technically I thought of it in my head last week as a way to introduce the new theme since I finished up the alphabet.
Whew! That was a whole lotta words to basically tell you that 52 Weeks is now current. You should go on over and check it out. Here's a hint on the new theme...