To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, July 22, 2011

Stray Thoughts From My Head and the WWW

Sam said this to me this morning with his toy handcuffs hidden behind his back,
"Mom, put your arm out and mind your own business."
Uh, I don't think so, son.
:-)


I feel like I've been in some kind of fog lately that has suddenly lifted. My motivation and urge to get my home in order has taken a serious hit of late but for some reason clarity has dawned this day and I am ready to get busy.
I think clearing off a few computer projects has helped tremendously.


Some friends just really bless your heart, you know? In a good 'bless your heart' kind of way and not the 'she's not too bright bless her heart' kind of way.

This article on motherhood has been making the rounds within my community of people and friends.  I think I may print it out to keep on hand and share with mommas. It is a great reminder that we don't just make sacrifices for our kids but as Christian parents we are called, commanded and encouraged to be the sacrifice.

Pinterest is my new favorite thing. It's like an online cork board. When you find things that you like or inspire you you 'pin it' to the board. Very fun and you can even follow other peoples boards and find all kinds of amazing stuff to make and do. Sarah Marchlewski you need one of these :-)

One of the things I really like about Flickr is finding talented folks from all over the world. I recently came across a photographer from Japan that really just takes my breath away. You should follow the link and go check out his work...it's pretty amazing. Here are two of my favorites.



Happy weekend!

6 comments:

iarepilotswife said...

I tried to figure out the joy of pinterest but I just don't get it. Maybe I should try again.

And, hey, since you're feeling all motivated and stuff I could really use someone to clean my house for me, and discipline my kids, and let my cat out at 5am. Thanks in advance.

And I just love your Sam. Seriously.

iarepilotswife said...

YAY! I can leave comments again! Google must not hate me anymore!

iarepilotswife said...

Hey, did you get any invites to pinterest? I investigated it again, but apparently it's invite only and now I feel like I'm in high school again. :(

iarepilotswife said...

Oh, nevermind. I guess I'm so awesome that they just let me in. Also, now that I can comment again it appears I don't know how to stop and I'm becoming an over-commenter.

It feels like I'm totally stalking this post.

Marty said...

I don't mind the extra comments...I really miss you.

Kaity-Jane said...

When did a 14year old hack my moms blog account?