To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, July 29, 2011

Least It Become True...

Source: None via Marty on Pinterest



The thought had crossed my mind (before I found the above quote) that it would be a shame  to gather all that wonderfulness in one spot but never use it. So last night I actually used a recipe I found through the cyber bulletin boards. It was quick and simple and completely delicious. Have you ever had Monkey Bread? You know, that gooey sweet concoction with biscuits, sugar and cinnamon. Well this pull apart bread is like it's savory cousin.
Mind you I did cheat tweak the recipe to suit this non homemade bread maker but for those of you who do that  you can go here for the original recipe. (Can I just point out that the list is long of my friends who actually bake their own bread on a regular basis? I'm such a slacker.)
For all the rest of my cheater slacker friends here is my modified recipe for Cheesy Parmesan Pull Apart Bread
Ingredients:
1/4 cup melted butter (I actually used a little more than half a stick)
2 Pillsbury Crusty French Loaves    
2 Gloves minced garlic (again I used a little more than the recipe called for because really can you have too much garlic? Never mind, don't answer that. It's a rhetorical question because I already know that it can happen if one happens to be confused about the differences between heads of garlic and gloves of garlic.)
1/4 cup of fresh shredded parmesan cheese
Italian seasoning
Mix your garlic and Italian seasoning with the melted butter.
Next, cut one loaf of the bread dough into chunks and coat with the butter mixture.

Layer the pieces in a bundt cake pan that has been coated with non stick cooking spray. Sprinkle some of the parmesan cheese over the bread.

Repeat with the other loaf of french bread dough. Or get a cute helper so that you can take pictures.

Bake at 350* for 25 to 30 minutes.
Let it cool in the pan for fifteen minutes before turning out onto a plate. As you can see from my picture I didn't quite wait long enough but it still tasted very very good.
There, all done! Super easy and really tasty and it looks pretty nifty too.
                                                                                                 

1 comments:

Lauren said...

I sure would like some of that. :) Looks delicious.