To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Egads!

Our summer is almost over!
We just barely got out of school is seems and it's already time for me to start planning for next year. This year I  have done something which makes me feel very smart and super superior to my past self. I always have the worst time finding duo tang folders in the specific colors needed. Red and yellow are very popular colors and if you wait they can be nearly impossible to find. So this year I wised up. I printed off the supply list, high lighted just the folder part and off to Walmart I went. The stores are just beginning to put stuff out (Swoon! My addiction to all things school supplies has been awakened!) so there were plenty of those folders in the colors I needed.
It's a happy moment.
(So, ha! Past self...it has only taken me three years to come up with a strategy to defeat this conundrum but defeat it I have.)
Last night around ten thirty I finished the final set of pictures from a wedding I did in June. I made a couple of collages of some of my favorite pictures to share.




I loved the photo booth area for the guest to have their picture taken.
Getting the wedding pictures done was a monumental task on my plate and now that it's finished I can turn my attention to other things. Like our upcoming move. I cannot wait to get settled at the new house and share some pictures! But first I have some stuff I need to wade through and sort and get rid of. Speaking of which...we'd like to sell the hutch if anyone is interested :-)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the blog, LOVE LOVE the pics....it's cool that Patricia caught the bouquet!! But...what I don't love is the first sentence of the blog!! Boo!!! Let me know if you need help moving! Miss you, my friend!