To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, July 25, 2011

Another Reason I Like It

One of the things I mentioned in my last post is this web thingie called Pinterest. It's like a giant cork board where I can 'pin' things that I find and like. Yes, I know that computers have a similar feature called bookmarking but Pinterest is so much better because I can not only put things in categories but I can see it as soon as I open my board. For a visual person that is a big selling point. But the biggest reason I like it is that I can see what other people are pinning and if I like it I can add it to my board. Sometime people visit sites and find things that I really don't think I'd find on my own. Or know that I would need to find something that maybe they've already found and pinned.
That sounded rather confusing didn't it? Here is the perfect illustration of what I mean. My friend Melynda, who is almost a superhero, is developing a thing for zombies. Weird I know, but c'mon people cut her some slack. She's got eight kids, six of which are boys, and her husband flies helicopters for the military. She should be, nay she needs to be weird.  Anyway, we haven't talked much about zombies. I don't know why not really except that we talk a lot about things more important to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness such as chocolate covered bacon.
But, Mel did get a pinterest set up. And one of her boards is labeled "Zombies Are My New Favs". Which immediately reminded me of something I had seen pinned to fellow photographer and pinterest pinner Abigail's "words and quotes" board.  And I knew I had to share it with Melynda because she is my friend and I love her and she likes zombies.

Larania's quote use!

Larania's quote use!   (clipped to polyvore.com)
See? Another reason to like pinterest.

1 comments:

iarepilotswife said...

Haha! Love it. You're gonna get to know my weirdness on a whole new level with Pinterest, I think.