To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Five Senses

See the saints gather for worship. Pentecost Sunday is celebrated in a joint service with friends from Iglesia Bautista Nueva Vida.

Hear the laughter of my children as they play...squeals of joy and happiness at being together.

Taste the goodness of fruit and the bounty of summer.


Feel the softness of bed and pillows during a lovely Sunday afternoon nap.

Smell a fresh cup of coffee enjoyed amid the peace that is home.

1 comments:

Roni said...

Oh my goodness. I can almost taste that and it's such a beautiful depiction of summer and fellowship. I love it!