To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

We Had Family Pictures Done

Way back when Claire was just a little tyke not even walking Lori did some family pictures for us. We haven't had any since then so while she was here we planned to have her do them again. Well, actually I was thinking more along the lines of a couple's session with me and Rob but he was thinking more along the lines of  a family session. Don't think he loves our family more...I just haven't reached my goal weight loss wise and figured we would do them when I was there.
But, we did them last night. So I thought I'd share a few (okay, probably more than a few) of my favorites with you. In no particular order, I present the Hadding family :-)
Lori did a set with each of the kids with their Daddy and always included them giving him a kiss...this is the result of telling Claire to 'Kiss your Daddy on his head'...next time we'll be sure to say 'Cheek. Kiss your Daddy on his cheek.'

 Please note Sam's barely contained joy at having his picture taken. He was quite happy to be posing for this family shot rather than playing with all the lose rocks and bricks or running up and down the stairs. Really.
 This pretty much speaks for itself I think.

 She had us smooch a lot. It was fun.
 We were a tad bit concerned for the reliability of the swing...it held but we got off as quickly as possible.
 No romantic couple session but we still managed a few moments. The nature of parenthood, huh?

I think one of the biggest compliments a photographer can get is being told their clients had fun and enjoyed their session. It felt a little odd to be on this side of the camera but I actually enjoyed it and I did have a lot of fun. So, thank you Lloyd...a few of these will probably make it to our wall in the living room :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Marty!!! Those pics are great....(Great job, Lori!!)....I love especially the one with Sam pouting...oh, and the one of the two of you at the end....oh, and the one of ya'll with all the kids peering through the little window thingies....okay...I love them all!! Ginger

Lauren said...

very sweet. we love your family.

Amanda said...

very cute. i LOVE the last one! also, that skirt looks so familiar to me!! very cute!

Deidra said...

We had family pictures taken over the Christmas holidays. The men in my family? Hated it! Every single minute. My daughter and I? Well, we could have posed for days! : )

You have such a beautiful family! Looks like you all had fun!

Christine said...

These are so fun! How do you pick??

And you and your hubby are too cute. I wish you guys were my pastor and p's wife... though not because of the previous comment:) Just because I think I would like y'all.

Lori Warman said...

I had fun taking them. Thanks for the compliment Ginger. Marty I'm so glad you had fun doing it. You look amazing. You are all amazing. I love you all so much. You are such a blessing to the Warman Family. xoxoxoxoxoxo!

Marty said...

Thank you all very much! We had so much fun and I love having new pictures of our family :-)
And you know what Christine? I think I would really enjoy being your pastor's wife...I'm pretty sure we'd all get along well!

iarepilotswife said...

Great! Beautiful! Tell Em she looks like she's the tallest one of them in that one picture of just the kids at the brick wall. And sassy too. In a good way.
Your babies are gorgeous.
And you and Rob look so sweet - like young love.