To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Randomness and a Photo Walk

Last Wednesday night a friend asked me just exactly how much coffee I drank each day. I hadn't really given it much thought. About a year ago my normal routine was to pour myself a cup of coffee, drink half of it and then refill and maybe finish another half. Then I got some kind of stomach bug and couldn't keep anything down. After a few days I was feeling better so I made myself a cup only to find that it tasted gross to me. So for a long time I just stopped drinking coffee. And then for some reason I grabbed a cup one day and it's back on my list of how I start my day.
Now we have a Keurig. Boy has the amount of coffee I drink gone up! I think I had four cups yesterday. But hey, one was decaf :-) It's so simple to hit a button, have the water heat and in less than sixty seconds the wonderful aroma of fresh coffee fills the air. I will say in my defense that I always choose the small size cup though.

By nine o'clock this morning I had taken the girls to school, done two loads of laundry, organized and tidied up the hall linen closet, unloaded the dishwasher and swept the floor. The lawn mower that wouldn't crank last night has this morning so I'm going to mow the grass after I post this. I think it is safe to say that my day is productive don't you? Which is totally making up for the nothingness of yesterday I hope.

Claire is going to shadow the K5 class on Thursday. She's so excited. The girls are so excited. I'm happy because I know she'll love it and thrive but there is part of me dealing with the whole my baby is growing up issue.

I'm thrilled that Rob has opened a flickr account. As of yet he has no pictures posted but they're coming. We went on a photo walk with a few friends this past Sunday in downtown Pensacola. I already loved photography but getting to share that joy with the love of my life? It doesn't get any better than that. You can go here and here to see the images taken by our friends. Rob's will be up some time in the future and here are a few of mine. You can see the rest of them here.







0 comments: