To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, May 2, 2011

Not Many Words...

But a whole lot of pictures ;-)
Friday after I picked the girls up from school I bribed talked the kids into letting me practice with the new camera. I'm really going to like the way the 50d handles just about everything...but, boy howdy shooting in manual is a lot of work! Although I can see some areas where I need to practice and hone some skills I'm pretty happy with the results of my first time.
I think it helps that my kids are so cute!
This is Sam's hang loose pose...he really rocks the giant sun glasses doesn't he?


He loves all of his sisters but Abby has a special place in his heart because they shared a room for a while.

This is probably one of my all time favorite brother/sister shots. I told Sarah that when she marries we will request the photographer take something similar because it's just so sweet.
Emily is just growing up too fast...
And this one will make the grandparents hearts' just melt...






Her mona lisa smile...



What?? You say we're having Whataburger for dinner if we let you take our pictures when we're done taking pictures?

1 comments:

iarepilotswife said...

Love the serious one of Sam in front of the window. That pictures shows the beginnings of the man he's going to be before too long.

And the sister/brother shots are precious.