To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Monumental Life Change

Okay, so maybe not monumental, but a life change nonetheless. Okay, fine. If we're going to be particular about it...it's really only shadows of what's to come. But still...
Parenting is a bittersweet adventure. Claire is visiting the K5 class today. I'm not sure who is more excited...her, the girls or even Sam. He was so sweet telling her goodbye this morning, to have a good time and do whatever her new teacher tells her to do.
I'm happy for her. I know she'll love school and she's bright and will love learning and she'll have a blast. And I know the school is an amazing, wonderful and God honoring Christ centered place with wonderful teachers that will love her...and already do. You should have seen them greet her this morning with such joy, welcoming her.
Oh, but this Momma's heart squeezed tight looking at my baby standing all sturdy and strong and confident! If she had the slightest qualm or nervousness about leaving me it didn't show. I'm glad about that...that she has no fear and is secure. I have no idea how I'll deal with that August morning that will be here far too soon and she'll go off to school every morning.

I will admit that I am super excited about what this means for homeschooling with Sam. I'll share more about that later though. For now, he is patiently waiting for me to finish up my tasks so we can go spend the day at the beach. We're going to be adding to this collection...

0 comments: