To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Saturday, May 14, 2011

It's Never Boring

This morning I woke up before everyone else and actually got to enjoy a quiet cup of coffee lazily scanning facebook and flickr. Not bad for a Saturday morning, eh?

Since then we've lost power which made it  abundantly clear that I am a failure as a housekeeper. Hello? When the power goes out ceiling fans stop rotating. And when ceiling fans stop rotating...well, let's just say that I obviously never turn my ceiling fans off to you know, do stuff like dust them.
Yeah, gross. 
I'm glad the power came back on. But mainly so I could have another cup of coffee. Oh, and the fan did get cleaned too. I wonder if I should have checked the one in my bedroom?
Nah. Let's just go with that whole out of sight out of mind concept, shall we?
Claire isn't feeling well. Running a fever and general blah-ness. Hopefully no one else will come down with it. And a big hopefully that it will stay as a fever running bug only. No barfing please.
I bought a new headband at the store yesterday. I had a perfect one that never hurt my head or felt uncomfortable but it has disappeared. Actually, I think the same person that broke into my house a couple of months ago and stole the only wedding photo I had of me and Rob is probably wearing it while they sit around and cross stitch a Florida lighthouse using the pattern I had bought as a gift for my talented mother-in-law that mysteriously disappeared too. (Can you tell I'm a little bitter about my wedding picture...it literally was just gone one day. Rob keeps telling me it will turn up but I've done a pretty thorough search and so far it hasn't.)
Anyway, about the new headband. I don't like it. It feels weird and is generally a waste of my three dollars. (Yes, I will pay three dollars for a headband if it is wearable. Judge me if you have too.) I offered to let my friend's daughter try it on in case she liked it. I said something along the lines of,
"Yeah, see if you like it because I didn't like the way it felt on my head."
To which my sweet fevered Claire responded with,
"I guess your head is just too fat."
And here I thought this whole diet thing was paying off.

1 comments:

Roni said...

LOL What fun to read your blog this evening. I'm heading off to bed now, still smiling, fathead skinny woman.:) Night night.