To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, May 9, 2011

Busy Busy

What a wonderful and busy weekend! Friday night I went to see the school play which was just great. Rob directed again this year and was wondering how it would go over. Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None is a wee bit different from last year's Harvey that was such a big hit. Different, yes but just as well done.
Saturday morning I slipped out early to get gas. A new station had it's grand opening and created a price war with two other stations. The lines at all three were reminiscent of what we normally see when a hurricane is approaching.


But the atmosphere was positively carnival-ish with balloons and people practically giddy with excitement to be paying about fifty cents less for gas.

A friend mentioned waiting in line and said a time is money kind of thing. The line moved pretty quickly and honestly I've waited longer in a drive through or for a table at a restaurant so I was good with it.
Sunday, Rob and I celebrated twelve years of marriage. I love that man and can't even begin to describe what a blessing he is to me. I am a well loved wife and pray everyday that my girls will know the same from their husbands. They would do well to marry a man just like their father.
With Sunday also being Mother's Day Rob's mother came and worshiped with us. She also stayed for lunch...we tried to convince her of all the merits to moving to Milton :-) Late afternoon brought my Mother, sister and my niece and her husband over for dinner.
And on this lovely Monday I am waiting for the Culberito's to arrive. They'll be spending the week with us because Kait is graduating with her homeschool co-op next weekend. I'm sure there will be fun and craziness in spades...not to mention an overload of cuteness as I get to love on baby Lucy. But blogging may be a bit sporadic. I'm sure you understand :-)

0 comments: