To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hallelujah!

In the bonds of Death He lay 
Who for our offence was slain; 
But the Lord is risen to-day, 
Christ hath brought us life again, 
Wherefore let us all rejoice, 
Singing loud, with cheerful voice, 
Hallelujah! 
~Martin Luther
Sunrise

3 comments:

iarepilotswife said...

Wow!
It almost looks like a painting.

Just...
Wow.

Roni said...

Hallelujah and wow what an image!

Marty said...

You know this picture is kind of funny to me...for one thing it's old...like almost ten years old and shot on film and the scan isn't very good. But I love it because I almost missed it...I was cooking dinner and just happened to go by the front door and saw this above my neighbor's house across the street...it reminds me to not ever be so wrapped up in activity that I fail to see the glory God displays every day.