To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Feeling Blue

I found these lovely little blue blossoms on the side of the road coming into our neighborhood. I've passed them by for two days but this morning I just couldn't resist any longer. Spring is such a beautiful time of year!
 These last two images were done doing what's called free lensing...you actually detach your lens from the camera and shift your focal plane. I fell in love with how these turned out even though I've seen some pros really excel at the technique.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't see how they could look any better than these...

Christine said...

whaaa? never heard of that before! these are so cool. I'll have to go look that up.

Marty said...

Christine, beware...it can get addictive trying to get that perfect focus :-) You should look up reverse lens macro as well...I have a converter that connects the lens to the camera backwards. It's pretty cool stuff.

Our Family ~ Not of This World said...

Alright Marty, I haven't heard of this yet because I have been "off camera" for almost a year now ;~0 and I finally have time/space/desire but my lens is broken. These pictures are GORGEOUS and I am tempted to try to learn something new now. Thanks for the inspiration! Lovely.

Marty said...

Ack! A broken lens is so sad...hope it can get fixed soon. Glad to hear you guys are getting settled and in a place where you can get back into photography again...you got skills girl :-)