To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Well, I've Gone and Done Now

I have a brand new shiny facebook account complete with a shiny new selfie for my profile picture.

(Why did I do a self portrait when I had no make up on?)
Nobody panic though...about the fb thing, not the fact that I have no make up on (that's a pretty common event.) I'm pretty hesitant and it has taken me days and days to go ahead and do it...but I really do have people that I'd love to stay in contact with and the easiest mode is through fb.
So there ya go...my oldest daughter says I lost cool points :-)

5 comments:

BeckyJ said...

I do love your profile pic! FB is a tool. It all depends on how you use it (or abuse it). Right? It is a great way to keep in contact with long-distance friends and family. Great to have you back!

Jane said...

I am siding with Sarah here. You totally lost major cool points.

Rob H said...

You're so pretty.

iarepilotswife said...

Marty -
I'm getting the feeling that the Rob character who's been commenting here on your blog every so often may have a bit of a crush on you.

I'm not sayin'.
I'm just sayin'.

Marty said...

Sshhh...I think he likes me too :-)