To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, March 21, 2011

Things I Heart

Blogger does not recognize "<3" for a heart...not because of a misspelling issue but something about a broken tag or some such nonsense. Go figure...(is there a symbol for shrugging 'cause that is what I did when I said that.)
But to stay on topic...things I <3:

Raw green beans. Seriously, I find myself not steaming them half the time I eat them lately. They have such a good flavor and a nice satisfying crunch.

Food I can eat with my fingers. Can't really explain this one but it is connected to the above mentioned green bean affection.

In January my beloved bought me a new vacuum cleaner. I must be firmly established in middle agedness because I was really excited about it :-) But today my heart did a little skip of joy because I have this attachment thingie that made cleaning the blinds on the window by my kitchen table a snap. If Rob had been home I would have hugged him all over again for buying me the vac.
Spring Cleaning
Connected to that is my next lovely thing...spring cleaning. There is something so wonderfully refreshing about a sweet smelling shiny clean house.

 My new favorite cleaner? 409 All-Purpose Cleaner...lemon fresh scent. I wanted something to clean my walls with that didn't have bleach and came across the 409. I haven't used it an ages but like I said, right now it is a favorite.



And freshly washed sheets. Oh, my I love getting into a bed with sheets that have just been cleaned.


Hmmm, what else? New little babies, sweet little boys covered in dirt, good friends and beautiful spring days.

Today is a lovely day isn't it?

0 comments: