To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ten Things About Sam

10. He is the only boy sandwiched in between four sisters...he calls it a sam-wich.

 9.  He got a perfect score on Rock Band doing the vocals for Hungry Like the Wolf by Duran Duran.
 8.  He is very very literal...never say that so-and-so is so cute you could eat them up. It sort of freaks him 
      out.
 7.  He absolutely loves the Toy Story movies.

 6.  Nothing technological fazes him...computer, video game or phone, etc. he masters them all in no time.
 5.  He enjoys wrestling with his friends and being goofy.

 4. He loves music. For a while I was worried concerned because he had a real ear for disco but lately he's
      enjoyed more classic rock from the 70's and 80's.

  3. He likes money and asked me why he couldn't have a million dollars.  I told him because I didn't think 
      he'd use it wisely. (Yea, I know...like that's the only reason!) He responded that he would be wise...he'd 
      buy furniture and a house and video games for his kids.

 2   He loves singing the psalms and hymns in our cantus at church and hates missing the singing practice on
      Wednesday's.
 1.  Today is his 10th birthday!

12 comments:

Rob H said...

Happy Birthday, Buddy Boy!

Alice said...

Who loves Sam Hadding? The Stouts do. That's who!

Happy Birthday Sam!

Ashley Bryant said...

Happy birthday from the Bryants, Sam! We love you, too! That was a great list--and fabulous pictures!

Marty said...

Guys, thanks for the comments...I really appreciate them on my birthday post.
I haven't had my cake yet, but I will eat it tonight.

Marty said...

I said that ^^^^ not my mom.
~Sam

Marty said...

I said that ^^^^ not my mom.
~Sam

The White's said...

Happy 10th Birthday to Sam Hadding! =D

Roni said...

Awww, Marty. I never get enough of your posts. I so wish you were right down the street from me because I know I'd call you friend face to face as well. This post is precious. I wish it had a fave button, because I would click it a hundred times. I love the way you love your children. I always get misty eyed when you talk about them. Clearly, the are a great joy in your life.
But hey! What's wrong with disco? lol;-) Have a great day, you very dear woman....

Roni said...

OH! And Happy Birthday, Sam!! I'm sorry I'm a wee bit late! Silly me.

BeckyJ said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday, Sam! We love you, young man!

Beautiful post, Marty. I love all these pics of Sam. Having a hard time with the fact that he's 10, though...

Ginger said...

I absolutely LOVE this blog....it brought tears to my eyes...don't ask me why?? He is precious!! Love the pics.

Ginger said...

Oh....Happy Belated Birthday to my favorite popcorn lovin' friend, Sam!!