To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, March 7, 2011

So, How's It Going?

It seems like it's been a while, doesn't it? Blogging dropped to the bottom of my list while Lori was here and I'm trying to get my groove back. Why, you ask? Well, there are lots of reasons people blog. Sometimes, it's just to share stuff whether it's family stories or recipes. Maybe even a how-to kind of thing. Sometimes it's a way to work through an issue. And then there are times when it's simply a tool to declutter your brain. I'm in the decluttering phase at the moment. Lori's visit was so much fun...and hectic as you can imagine. I've got all kinds of stuff stuck in my head from her time here, plus all the normal stuff I have floating around in there so I need to get rid of some of it.
But I just don't know where to even begin. We sewed, we took pictures, we cooked.
I finished reading Frankenstein and would love to share some thoughts and conversation Sarah and I had when I got done.
Rob is preaching through Ephesians and chapter four has been so good.
The diet is still going well. I'm actually loving it. Another three pounds and four inches down.
The Culbertson's are coming in a couple of weeks so we can meet sweet little Lucy.
Other friends will be in next week and I'm pretty sure that means hurricane ribs are on the menu.
But for now I'm going to go do some laundry.
I'll be back later :-)

1 comments:

iarepilotswife said...

YAY for the Culbertson's coming!
We can't wait to visit - been missing you guys lots!