To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, March 28, 2011

Join Me

I've shared her words with you all before...and I've told you about her blog, Homemade in China. But today I share her latest writings with you with a heavy heart. As simple as the words, "I'll pray for you" are it is a mighty gift of protection and source of comfort in the hands of His saints.
Please take a moment and click over to Christine's post and join her, myself and countless others praying for this family who is losing a child due to a tragic accident.
May the precious Spirit comfort and give peace to them during this time.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Thank you Marty. You know, some of the best words I've heard that keep coming back to me were from Joni Erickson Tada when she shared one time about her dark nights in the hospital and a friend who snuck in, climbed up on the bed and wept with her, singing "Man of sorrows." It ministered to her in ways that answers couldn't do just then and she talked of how that is what Jesus gives too... he gives himself, his presence. This is my prayer for them right now.

And I'm so blessed by your fellowship here too.

Marty said...

You're welcome, friend. I cannot imagine what any of you are going through right now but I trust that God is ever present and close to you all.