To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, March 17, 2011

It Was a Wonderful Day

The girls were out of school on Monday so we totally blew off chores and everything else and spent the day at the beach. It was wonderful.
We fed the birds.

 Claire was a little unsure of the gulf but she loved the sound side when we went to that side.
 The beach is one of Sam's favorite places.

 And he absolutely loves the water and waves.

Claire ran up and down and raced away from the surf.

I don't know why I'm surprised when they play in the water...it seems too cold to me.

 Emily and Sam came up with their own version of ring toss.
I hope we can go a lot this summer.

3 comments:

BeckyJ said...

Gorgeous pictures! We are so blessed to be able to live here, girlie! Everyone looks so happy- and these pics are a far, far cry from the one of Claire crying with gulls chasing her! haha!

Roni said...

Oh my. I love everything about this post. I would SO love to ditch the chores for the beach today....

BeckyJ said...

Oh, and btw, that third picture down of Sam on the beach? It's now my computer background. :)

Stunningly gorgeous.