To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I'm Such a Loser

I got a phone call this morning that was slightly disconcerting. It was my friend Ginger, who is also the nurse at the weight loss clinic I am using. She said that Dr. Coyle had noticed something in my lab work that he wanted to discuss with me, could I come in right now?
Well, I don't know about you but I was out the door. My friend Lori is still here visiting and she went with me, keeping up a constant stream of chatter which helped me keep my mind from wandering into places that it didn't need to go. What ifs just aren't very helpful are they?
As I'm walking toward the front door I can see Ginger inside waiting for us but before I can freak out she got this huge smile on her face and yelled,
"You're the biggest loser!"
I had forgotten all about the contest going on to see who lost the most during the month of February. Mainly because of my disastrous second week I figured I would be out of the running. I was surprised (and relieved!) to say the least.


So for losing twenty three pounds and thirteen inches and eleven percent of my body mass in four weeks I got this really nice gym bag full of all kinds of goodies like an exercise dvd, one of those big exercise balls, a couple of water bottles, some food stuff and a digital scale and some other things.
Pretty exciting. (And way better than being told that you have some weird disease :-)

12 comments:

Lori Warman said...

Congratulations my friend, keep up the good work. And stay away from those "Pugdy" Brownies. Love You.

Christine said...

waaaaaa! twenty some pounds in just four weeks? That is awesome! here's an internet high five for ya.

Beckie said...

You look awesome!

s g said...

Way to go girlie! That is awesome... you loser.

iarepilotswife said...

Well don't you just look great!!!
The hair cut is adorable on you!

iarepilotswife said...

Seriously, is that even you in the pic?
It's the hair...
Really throwing me off!

Marty said...

Thank you all for your sweet words...I'm pretty happy and never has the word 'loser' been spoken with so much affection :-)
And Lori cut my hair for me last weekend...it took us two days and four cuts to get it just right but I love it.

Rob said...

So, if things keep progressing, you're going to be a skinny bald chick?

(You look great!)

Marty said...

Love of my life...you make me laugh
:-)

BeckyJ said...

Congratulations! That is awesome! Glad it wasn't something serious- that was deliciously evil on their part, wasn't it? :D

Roni said...

Skinny bald chick! I loved that!! lol:) Wow, this is really working for you. I can't imagine losing 23 pounds in 4 weeks. I wish I could do this thing you're doing!!

Lori Warman said...

o.k., all this time and I never got to read your husbands comment, I'm still laughing.