To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Yuck...Uhm, Yea?

 I had my third weigh in today...five pounds and another inch gone. Dieting is never easy but at least when there are consistent results you feel like it's worth it. One of my struggles has always been working so hard to get rid of the weight only to have the scale bounce up and down with a different number every day...
Oh yea, I lost a pound today!
Gross, I've gained two pounds :-(
Look another pound is gone!
Back and fourth and up and down.
Ugh! So discouraging but this has not been the case with the program I'm using at so I'm pretty happy even though it is still hard.
Warning...gross picture...





That, friends, is five pounds of fat. Pretty gross isn't it? In three weeks I have lost that amount three times over plus a little more.
I don't know whether to be excited or totally grossed out.
I'm gonna go with both :-)

8 comments:

s g said...

Yuck. The visual helps you see just how much. That's alot. Good going girl!

Beckie said...

You go girl!

Anonymous said...

prosymWhat did you use to cut it off?
Daddy

Marty said...

Dad! You made me laugh :-)
Thanks friends!

Anonymous said...

You ROCK, Marty!!!! Keep up the good work!! LOVE your blog....are all these photos ones that you took?

Marty said...

Hello Mr or Ms Anonymous...thank you for your kind words and encouragement. I'm glad you enjoy the blog and yes, the photos are all mine unless otherwise stated.


PS Who are you?
:-)

iarepilotswife said...

Marty, I think you have groupies!

Christine said...

results have to be the most coveted thing this side of heaven! It's so hard when we don't see them. I am so happy you have them right now! Hope you can keep it up even if the numbers are funny tomorrow. In the long haul you know they will add up! WAY TO GO (and thanks for the kind thoughts on my blog yesterday)