To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Springtime and a Blogging Frenzy

It seems like the earth, at least our little corner of it, is waking up from a long winter's nap. The temp is reaching the upper sixties low seventies this week. And the sun! Oh, my goodness that bright beautiful orb is just shining. A breeze is blowing the trees like a shaggy dog rousing itself...shaking off the remnants of slumber.
Soon, my mind whispers.
Soon I'll throw open all the windows. Soon curtains will tangle and dance in the wind. Soon the last of the desaturated brown will give way to the rich darkness of life giving browns and greens.
I know in my head that more than likely there will be at least one more dip in the temperature. That spring hasn't fully claimed it's place in space and time. But for now my back door is open and my heart is singing with the possibility of newness.
It also keeps me moving quite a bit...lots to do and always something to blog about.
Obviously.

Day Five
days of gray button 3

0 comments: