To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Reason #598 Why We Like Homeschooling

You can do it in your pj's!
Seriously, I love a school day where they both are working with so much concentration. When Claire joins her sisters next year at Trinitas the face of our homeschool will change drastically. Not since Sarah was little have I only schooled one child. I'm looking forward to the changes though...big things are in store for Sam. Speaking of the boy wonder...I know I'm his mother and probably slightly prejudice but I love his art. Emily has been working on a science project and she drew a starfish and then decided to not use it on her board. Sam took one look at it and knew exactly what he could use it for, a hair piece for a hula girl! How adorable is she?
But, sshhhh. Don't tell Emily...he's going to give it to her for her birthday :-)

1 comments:

Roni said...

Oh my goodness, that is so sweet! I love the little hulagirl.:) Homeschooling...wow. You become my hero a little more every day...