To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pie Ponderings

I may be limited in my eating right now...the diet thing is really going quite well so I don't mind...but I'm learning to let the process of cooking be my focus so I'm still trying to be creative in the kitchen. I haven't shied away from making something just because I can't eat it. (Unless you count me telling Lori today that we absolutely could not make Oreo truffle balls [how she has lived her life and not had one of these round balls of scrumptiousness is beyond me] because I'm pretty sure I'd fall off the wagon so to speak. And don't come anywhere near me with a Reese's cup either cause I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a pretty sight.. Silly I know, but a gal needs to know her limits don't you think? ;-)

Anyway, next week I need to make a pie for the school and I've been browsing recipes and wanting to come up with something delicious. Do you know people make pies with raisin in it? I just don't get it. Raisin does not equal pie in my equations. If you've had it, you'll need to chime in and let me know what you thought because it just isn't working for me.
But then again neither do jeggins or Lady Gaga.
Where was I? Oh yes, pies. Yummy delicious pies. I was thinking of doing some kind of the lolli-pies just because they're so cute. And Beckie, I am so sorry I never responded to your questions in the comments on that post! I do use the Pillsbury pie crust and regular brownie dough...you just mix up the brownie batter and partially bake it and then scoop it into the pie crust to finish baking. I'm thinking of trying a different filling this time though. Maybe a black forest cherry?
Something to contemplate.

4 comments:

iarepilotswife said...

Raisin Pie?
Umm, I don't know about that.

Love, love, love your new blog pic. So adorable!

Christine said...

Love the new header! So pretty and appropriate. Take pictures of that pie, whatever you pick:)

Marty said...

Thanks on the new header...I'm always so unsure about those kinds of things!
And I'm sure there will be pictures...cause that's just what I do :-)

Roni said...

Oh..black forest cherry. Yum. SO yum. But this is so not funny. You are getting skinnier and I'm just getting fatter.