To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, February 14, 2011

The Perfect Valentine

The kids consumed way more sugar than normal, or is advisable. It took a bit for the young ones especially to settle down in bed tonight. I think they're all still and quiet now, drifting off to sleep.
Emily just reluctantly went to bed. Reluctantly only because she is almost finished with Johnny Tremaine. She said she's actually sad that the story is almost ended. I think that's a first for her...being sad to reach the end of a story.
Sarah is quietly on the phone studying for a math quiz they may or may not have tomorrow. The uncertainty does not thrill her soul, let me tell you. She has to work hard in math and she is a planner. A possible math quiz is her worst nightmare, poor child. But earlier she was belting out songs so I guess she'll be fine.
My beloved, my own true valentine, has gotten interested in coins. Kind of collecting, but really just sorting through them and finding out what they're worth. It seems that a dime made before a certain time period is potentially worth more than ten cents. It could actually be worth closer to a buck eighty. He asked me if I had any small jars, I'm assuming to store particular coins in that he'd like to save. I reminded the silly man that he had made such fun of me for keeping dozens of jars in case I needed them for something, that I finally threw them away. I'm pretty sure that because we're 'green', as Sam says, that I really recycled them, but either way I don't have them anymore.
I just spent a lovely thirty minutes taking some abstract macro tulip photographs.
And I got to take a nice hot shower.
For a day that began with such disappointment it has turned into quite a wonderful evening.
I think I'm going to log off now and see if I can get my man to dance around the room with me to whatever tune comes on next.
Good night friends.

PS Thank you my very dear sweet friends for your kind thoughts and encouragement earlier today. I am blessed.

0 comments: