To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Light

I love light.
There are different kinds of light...hard, soft, low, high, warm or cold.
Light can take something ordinary and turn it into something beautiful and magical...something other.
Ephesians 5:8
For at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light"


It can be harsh and reveal all the ugly parts and pieces that we'd rather keep hidden but need to be seen.
John 8:12

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”


It can beckon us to come closer, to it's warmth  and comfort.
I John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.


Light can softly offset beauty or highlight obstacles.
John 12:35

So Jesus said to them, “The light is among you for a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you. The one who walks in the darkness does not know where he is going."



days of gray button 3"

1 comments:

iarepilotswife said...

How you notice things...

I would have never picked up on the light hitting the keys that way.

It's why I like to read your blog. I like how you show me things I would not have seen otherwise.