To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, February 28, 2011

Here's A Question For You

How would you clean up the ginormous sticky mess created when you drop an almost full glass jar of grape jelly on your tile floor? Did you notice how I bold typed and italicized 'almost full glass' ? Because I really want you to have all pertinent information as you come up with an answer. And as long as we're doing a question and answer thing...have you ever wondered just exactly how many tiny pieces of glass make up an almost full glass jar of grape jelly? I never had. But now I know the answer.
A. LOT.
So, I'm not sure how you answered the first question but I used the grill spatula to scoop as much of the mess up as I could. And then I used the outdoor broom on my kitchen floor. Did you notice the bold italicized word? Normally the outdoor broom being used inside, especially in my kitchen, would really freak me out. But in this case I played it cool because obviously I was about to mop the heck out of the floor.
And I did.
So, all's well that ends well.
Now, I'm going to go have some lunch because I'm hungry due to that massive workout I got while cleaning up the almost full glass jar of grape jelly that I dropped on my tile floor.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marty...this is a picture of Torie's baby at 14 wks.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi941.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fad253%2Ftoria70%2FBabyat14weeks-1.jpg&h=01b81

daddy