To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Days of Gray~Day Seven

My friend Lori got into town last night. She and the kids will be here until the end of the month. I am so excited!
Today we went and bought fabric because we have some projects we want to do together...too scared to try them on our own :-)
And picture taking. We are both picture takers (she's the other half of Lloyd and Morty) and we're tossing some ideas around. We have nine children between us the ages of six to seventeen so we aren't hurting for subjects.
We're gonna go to the beach. I'm giddy at the thought.
And, we're going to make these cute little paper flower thingies that you can put on hair clips and head bands. How cute are they? Gabby, Lori's second child, was happy to model for me.

days of gray button 3

4 comments:

iarepilotswife said...

Oh how I wish they would stay for another couple weeks so we could visit with them too!

It looks like we're going to miss them by just a week or two.

The picture of Gabby is just adorable - what a pretty girl!

Marty said...

Yea, you'll be coming soon!

BeckyJ said...

Beautiful picture! And I love the flower. You going to share a tutorial? :)

Hey, I used one of your flickr photos, fully credited of course, on my blog. It was just perfect for the feeling I was trying to convey.

Yes, I used Flickr. And yes, I still think it's the devil. I could get sucked in so easily never to emerge...

Marty said...

Thanks for the compliment Becky...it's always pretty cool when someone likes a picture enough to use it :-)