To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday

A list of some simple things that I find to be wonderful...

This quote from Douglas Wilson;
The constant and ever present temptation in the Church is the gnostic temptation of locating sin in the stuff, sin in the matter, sin in the wealth, sin in the technology . . . instead of locating it where it belongs, in the heart of man.
You can read the whole article here and I suggest you do. It's very good.


For Christmas Sarah asked for and received the soundtrack for the movie The Sound of Music. It's wonderful. I heart Julie Andrews and listening to it this morning made the day a little brighter despite the rainy wetness outside. How can you not be happy singing along with The Do-Re-Mi?


I heard Rob calling me when he was getting out of the shower. 
"You need to see this," he said.
Sam usually bathes in our bathroom each night and apparently after last nights' shower he climbed onto the counter and drew a masterpiece on the steamed up mirror...which could clearly be seen this morning in the steam from Rob's shower. It was quite the giant smiling face.


Claire asked for a glass of egg yolk this morning. What she actually wanted was a glass of egg nog.


I finished reading Emily's book she got for Christmas, "Peter and the Starcatchers". It was amusing although I think they could have done without a couple of things. She'll love it though because it is chock full of adventure and action. And I now know why Peter Pan never gets old.


Letter 'A' is up at 52 Weeks and I am quite happy with the first photo in the new year's one a week project. I'm also pretty excited about another once a week project I'm doing with my friend Lori. We'll be debuting our joint photoblog this weekend.
Speaking of pictures I absolutely love these three images from last week's visit with some friends and their new baby.






Have a wonderful...albeit wet...Wednesday, friends!

2 comments:

Kait said...

You and Mrs. Lori this time eh?

I so totally call dibs on being your blogging buddy during 2012.

Wait.

That's supposedly when the world ends.

Well, it was a nice thought.

Marty said...

:-)