To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What I Saw This Morning

I noticed the noise first.
It was a cacophony of sound.
Barely visible above my neighbor's house, at the very top of the tree line I could see them.
Black birds.
I couldn't tell exactly how many, I just knew from the level of sound that it was a lot.
I came back inside and grabbed my camera just in time.
To see the trees come alive.
As hundreds of them took flight.

5 comments:

Jessie said...

wooooooooooooooow! what an awesome sight! and the slideshow is the perfect way to share it, too. great capture!

Jane said...

Wow that's incredible Ms. H!

Jan said...

WOW!!!
That's spectacular!
(and a little freakish, no?)

iarepilotswife said...

Once in a life time series of shots, I think!

But maybe not.

I don't know. I just think it's really cool that you caught that on film!

Marty said...

Thanks y'all! It was pretty cool and yes, slightly freaky :-) Either way I was pretty excited to catch it.