It's a cold, wet icky winter's night. You'd think there would be the delicious aroma of a simmering soup or hearty stew wafting through my house. Maybe some tasty cornbread or warm and crusty french bread to go with it.
Instead, it's sloppy joes and fries.
Hey, don't judge...it's what I had on hand.
And it's really okay because I also had bacon.
And sour cream.
And green onions.
So while it may not be the expected meal for a frosty evening there will be some happy tummies sitting around my dinner table in a few minutes...
And that, my friends, makes it a good night.
- one small package of bacon cut into small pieces, cooked and drained
- 3 or four avocados (you have to make sure they are just right...not quite ripe and it will be bitter...too ripe and they'll be all smushy and yucky.)
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- little bit of lemon juice
- Peel and chop avocados, add chopped onions, bacon bits, sour cream and a wee bit of lemon juice mixing gently until well blended.
- Spoon onto red leaf lettuce and enjoy!