To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturday Ramblings

Even though I didn't have to, I still woke up early this morning. Not at my normal five thirty but still at six o'clock my internal clock went off. I made myself doze and stay in bed until seven just because I could. I feel so in control.

I read my friend's blog this morning and now Rockwell is in my head singing about his paranoia. I'm not sure what to do with an 80's flashback when I haven't even finished my first cup of coffee.

If you look right over there to your right you'll notice that there is a new link under the 'My Photography' section. (I hate that name by the way...it sounds so pretentious and snotty. I've got to come up with a better label.) The new link is for Lloyd and Morty, the photo blog I'm doing with my friend Lori. Each week we have a theme and we'll post one photo from each of us. I hope you'll enjoy seeing what we see through out the year.

Every Friday is early dismissal for the girls. Yesterday, Sarah went home with a friend and the rest of my kidlets played out in the yard until it got dark. Well, Sam was in and out of the house playing space rangers and making pictures to pass under the fence to our neighbor's children.
Watching the girls play through my window was somewhat confusing. They have great imaginations but I'm clueless as to what exactly they were doing. It involved a lot of walking back and forth across the yard. Together. Apart. Two together and then one alone. And it was always changing.
All three girls.
Then Abby.
Now Emily and Claire.
Then Claire.
Now, Em and Ab.
It was all part of it too, and not just one wandering away and rejoining the game.
Occasionally Emily would have a wound of sorts and the other girls would help her walk or haul her around in the wagon. Which is really fun to watch because one of the wheels comes off. Frequently.
They've played with the wagon more since the wheel broke than they ever did before.
My kids are goofy.
They must get that from their Father.
Because I don't remember ever doing anything goofy and weird with my little sister like tying a red satin sheet around ourselves so we'd have a ball gown to wear in our back yard.
Not me.

0 comments: