To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, January 3, 2011

My Two Cents

On Saturday, rainy icky day that it was, Sarah, Emily and I went out to spend some girl time together. World Market is a favorite for all three of us so we browsed and meandered through the store ohhing and ahhing over the curtains, candles & holders, dishes and kitchen gadgets.
Sigh. We really enjoy that store.
We weren't planning to buy anything but then Sarah saw them. Two cute little bitty owl thingies.  They were in the clearance section so I told her we could get them...I knew they'd only be a few dollars. When we got to the register I mentioned to the clerk where we had found them but that there wasn't a mark down price so what would they cost?
She swiped the first one.
We all looked at the amount.
Are you sure?
She swiped the second one.
Yep.
.02
Two cents.
For both of them.
Talk about a serious markdown!
The man behind us leaned forward and asked me if I was going to put it on my debit card :-)

3 comments:

iarepilotswife said...

This has never happened to me.

I am very jealous.

Very. Jealous.

Brandi said...

You should have bought a lottery ticket that day too!! Talk about luck!!

Marty said...

Crazy, huh?