To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, January 6, 2011

More Pictures

The girls didn't have to return to school until Tuesday so on Monday we met some friends at Benny Russell park in Pace. I have a love/hate relationship with this park. It sits on a very pretty piece of land with lots of trees and plenty of great space to run and jump and play.
It's also backwards.
The entrance to the park is blocked by the wonderful large wooden fort structure that makes it one of the kids favorite parks to visit. I'm uncomfortable with not being able to clearly see who is coming and going and if I stay near the entrance I can't keep an eye on where the children are.
Frustrating much?
It is also very popular and can be pretty crowded so we only go when I'm reasonably sure it won't be very busy. Monday was perfect because all the area public schools were back in session. My friends have some very beautiful children and of course I had my camera.








The weather was perfect, the company was sweet and the photo ops were plentiful. What more could I ask for?

0 comments: