To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Howdy Pardner!

Our friends are here for the weekend...yea! I told Mel that if she wanted to go into labor and do a home birth here I was fine with it ;-) There is a part of me that regrets not having any of mine at home, especially now since I have people in my life who've done it and tell me of their experience. Maybe I'll have a grandchild born that way?
Last night while the kids were playing the current youngest Culberito came in my room wearing an over-sized cowboy hat. He was so stinking cute that of course I grabbed my camera.

When I was getting ready to post this picture I realized that I've been taking Jessie Wayne's portrait all of his life. I'm not sure exactly how old he is here, but he was one of the first babies I got to practice one. (And looking back at this it is clear that boy, did I need to keep practicing!)

And then almost a year later we did some more.
Remember Ziggy?
Ahoy Matey!

And then this past December when they came for a visit I snapped one...
Day 17 DPP
My photographic skills seemed to have improved. And the little cowboy has certainly just gone and got even cuter, don't you think?

3 comments:

BeckyJ said...

Yes and yes!

Your skills rock and he is decidedly edible. Those Culberritos make beautiful children.

At some point I need to deliver some tea to dearest Kait. Will you all be home today?

Marty said...

Somebody will always be home today...not sure who it will be but someone will be here with a whole lot of children :-)

iarepilotswife said...

The black and white baby picture was when he was exactly 2 weeks old.
The one of him in the tub and the one of him with Ryan's cap on his head was when he was 7 months.

The one of him sitting in the sand, he was 10 months.

I've come back here to look at these pictures of him about a half dozen times now.

Thank you for them.