To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, January 3, 2011

He's So Funny

Sam cracks me up.
Sometimes, it's because he is legitimately funny with a joke or something.
But a lot of times it's just because he is such a quirky funny kid.
Which makes it sound like I sit around laughing at him all the time but that's not what I mean.
I mean, I guess I am laughing at him but not in that mean laughing at somebody kind of way. It's more like he just brings such joy I have to laugh out loud kind of laughing at him.
To illustrate my point...
Sam is very amused by whoopie cushions.
Very, very amused by whoopie cushions.
Last night, he 'surprised' Daddy by putting one in Rob's seat at the dinner table. The picture is a little blurry because I was laughing so hard at Sam laughing.
The kid is hilarious.

4 comments:

iarepilotswife said...

He looks just like you when he laughs. ;)

Rob said...

The boy is a hoot, I tell ya.

Marty said...

Mel, are you saying I'm a little blurry?

Rob said...

Only when whoopie cushions are involved.