To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Sunday, January 23, 2011

And a Dream Dies

So, I heard something that sort of surprised me last night. My husband...my city slicker "Satan-wears-a-cowboy-hat" spouse wants to go cow tipping.
I never knew.
But, alas the dream will never be a reality. It seems that cow tipping is more an urban rural legend than fact. Despite what many claim, it is physically impossible to tip a cow. And despite the over one thousand clips found on youtube when you search for 'cow tipping', not one shows an actual tipped cow. Unless you count this one but I don't think you should because a plane is involved.
Still holding to the idea that it is possible to knock a cow over? Check this out.

Oh, and I've seen fainting goats in person and they are hilarious!

3 comments:

iarepilotswife said...

And I'm sorry it had to be my husband who went and dashed your husband's dreams.
Cause It would have been simple awesome to just take him cow tipping instead.

Marty said...

I think that would have been funny too :-)

Rob H said...

Well, your husband is a dream killer, but he is also a car fixer. It's a good trade.

And for the record, I'm glad I learned the inside scoop before actually getting killed by a mad cow.