To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Quiet Morning

Rob always leaves early to go to the church on Sunday. After he left this morning I woke up plugged Oswald in and lit a few candles.
The kids were still asleep.
The sound of the heater hummed quietly.
My coffee was nice and hot.

It's a good morning.


day 5~DPP

2 comments:

iarepilotswife said...

Did you rearrange your living room?
And Oswald is a much more stately tree than Johann. Very handsome.

Marty said...

I did rearrange the furniture...I think I may leave it I like it so much.
As for Oswald being more stately...he made sure I photographed his good side ;-)