To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's That Time Again

The hustle and bustle.
The lights.
The music.
The smells.
The colors.
The decorations.
Yes, it's December. Does it seem as if the year went by rather quickly? I think life just goes by quickly :-)
Anyway, every year I always want to make stuff...Christmas gifts, decorations, food, etc. This year I'm actually doing more of those things than previous years and there are some things I'm really excited about sharing as they happen.
If you need a wee bit of help shifting gears into the winter holiday mode and our sudden drop in temperature yesterday didn't do it for you, check out this week's edition of All Things Merry and Bright...there are links for make your own advent calendars, a nativity tree and the cutest little mini albums made from a recycled Altoid tin. Personally, I want to try out the make your own microwave popcorn bags. They look like the neatest gift idea with so many ways to change it up to suit whatever your celebrating.
It's also time for the annual December Photo Project. This is the third year I'm participating and I'm just as excited about doing it as the other years. I'm pretty pleased with my first entry...I was outside this morning looking for signs of December...yes, I know there will be a plethora of holiday-ish shots to come in the days ahead but for this first one I wanted it to be a little different. I found just the thing when I saw this last lonely autumn colored leaf hanging onto an otherwise bare branch.


A big thanks to Kait, because I am able to post nice, big pictures here on the blog. Also, thanks to those who got in touch and offered help in the midst of my blogging crisis. I think we have the kinks worked out and it pretty much looks like I want it to...clean and simple with room for pictures.
Just the way I like it :-)
Happy day!

1 comments:

Kait said...

Love the new look - I was glad to help! :-)