To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's a Picture Day

Good chilly morning friends! I have to admit that I was a little bit bummed when Thanksgiving was so hot and muggy and I was more than a little happy when the temperature dropped this week. We may not get as cold as some places, but even Florida (at least the NW panhandle part) should have cold weather for the holidays. I was thrilled this morning to not only wake up to our first frost the the year, but to also have the time to take pictures of it. If you had looked into my backyard around 6:45am you would have found me stretched out on my tummy on a towel peering into the reverse macro secret world of frost.
What? You wouldn't care to settle onto your own towel and join me?
That's okay because I did get a few photos that made it worth it to me and that I will gladly share with you. This is also my entry for day two of the December Photo Project.


I also made a sweet little triptych for the Mortal Muses weekly theme. (For those of you who may not be up on photography terms a triptych is a series of three pictures...a diptych is a series of two.) I make more dips than trips usually but Sam helped me out with this one and we love the way it turned out. Have I mentioned how much that boys loves the holiday season? It's only December 2nd and he is about to wear us out on Christmas. (But his Louis Armstrongesque rendition of Frosty the Snowman is pretty awesome :-)

Once last picture...image 48 is up at 52 Weeks and is a lovely piece of holiday reverse lens macro. With only 4 weeks left in the year long project I've been trying to think of what I want to do for 2011. I'm still pretty sure a 365 is out for me...I think it would become a huge pressure and therefore no fun. I want to keep it to once a week but I'm looking for themes. I think I might do half the year working on the alphabet but that still leaves me with twenty six more weeks to do something else. Any thoughts or suggestions on what I could do?

4 comments:

iarepilotswife said...

I love the frost picture. Very cool. Or cold.

But I still wish it was 80 degrees out instead of 50.

Marty said...

Eww, not me. I hate warm/hot holidays:-)

Marty said...

The ones that happen in the winter months I mean...because a cold 4th of July would just be wrong.

Kait said...

You're amazing. Just sayin'.