To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, December 31, 2010

I'm Done

At least for 2010's picture a week project. I don't know if you've taken the time to drop by 52 Weeks for a visit but if you have, thank you. A few of you have left a comment here and there and it has been appreciated. As far as I know there is only one photo in the mix that I regret and would like to take out but I won't. No, I'm not saying which one...I'm keeping it there to remind me that life is not always perfect...every moment isn't beautiful and sometimes we just don't get it right. And somehow it still fits...it has a place.
Like I mentioned before I wasn't sure how to end the project. So I decided to end the way I began, with words on a Scrabble board.
This year has made me wiser. It has stripped away some things I thought were necessary but weren't and it has solidified other things that I didn't know needed to be.
It was a hard year.
It was a good year.
I'm looking forward to whatever lies ahead in the new year.
I'm looking forward to new words.

0 comments: