To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day Four of the December Photo Project

I told you that the holiday decoration pictures would be coming soon :-) Last night the kids and I attempted to make these pretty painted glass ornaments. (I thought they were plastic. Just a tip...if you aren't sure if it's glass or plastic do not try to swish the paint around the inside of the ornament by racing your son to see who can roll theirs across the floor the fastest. Especially if you have ceramic tiled floors. Trust me on this.)
They didn't exactly turn out as planned but
1. we had fun
2. listened to really loud Christmas music
3. ate homemade pizza and
4. put Oswald up.
It was a good night.

5 comments:

iarepilotswife said...

So, gimme more detail about the plastic ornament project. I must know more.

Marty said...

Glass, Mel, glass :-)If you found plastic that would be awesome. They're empty bulbs and you can fill them with anything you like. We chose to pour in craft paint and swirl it around but I've seen it done with shredded paper and yarn too.
It really was fun even if not exactly what I thought...but the best times you usually are, ya know?

iarepilotswife said...

Oh! I thought you said the glass ones didn't turn out quite right - and I got it in my head that I'd have to use plastic.
That actually sounds kinda fun. I may have to give it a try.

So, you went to the store and actually committed to purchasing something to complete a project?

I don't know whether to be disappointed or proud.

Lauren said...

Where is the photo of Oswald? I have been waiting all year to see him again. :)

Jan said...

So gorgeous!